The Tray Circularity Evaluation Platform (TCEP), created by Petcore Europe in 2021, was also supported by tray manufacturers, the European Association of Plastic Recycling & Recovery Organizations (EPRO) and Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE).
The mission of this platform is inspired by Petcore’s Europe vision and is aiming to promote the implementation of a tray-to-tray circularity and recyclability, by driving the activities below:
- To allow new PET thermoformed container innovations, while at the same time minimising economic and environmental consequences for the European PET recycling industry;
- To evaluate the recyclability of PET thermoformed container technologies & products;
- To promote the recyclability of PET thermoformed containers on the market by:
- Proposing European harmonised guidelines for PET tray (and other thermoformed containers) recyclability that will be accepted across the whole value chain.
- Encouraging industry to test new PET tray concepts and/or materials before market launch according to the harmonised guidelines.
- Giving advice and recommendations to the different stakeholders.
- Sharing information and knowledge across the whole value chain considering competition law rules and respecting confidential information.
Source: Petcore Europe