Woodston, Peterborough, UK — UK Best Recycled Plastic Product Award 2014 will be showcasing UK excellence and innovation in the recycled plastic product sector. This competition will enable the industry to further demonstrate their commitment and work in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility, and for the consumer to more fully understand the scope of their environmentally friendly actions.
The aim of this competition is to raise awareness and showcase the potential for recycled plastics in products and items. This will demonstrate and recognise progression in the applications for recycled plastics, and enable the industry to further demonstrate their commitment to the environment and saving resources through use of recycled materials.
It is important that consumers and industry recognise progression in use of recycled plastics and continue to sort and collect this material for recycling. This will be achieved through raising the awareness of the products made from recycled plastics, thus creating a demand and maybe an appetite for new companies to start to design and manufacture more products made from recycled plastic.
The product submission criteria contain:
- Be manufactured in the UK
- Be made out of post-consumer/post-industrial recycled plastics. (Recycled plastic can be sourced from any sector but must not be post-production scrap. There is no minimum restriction on percent content, but you must disclose the sector and country from which the recycled material is sourced, and be willing to provide evidence on request.)
- Be innovative (aesthetics, design and impact will be considered)
- Be sustainable (fitness for purpose, market need and market potential will be considered)
- Be available for sale to consumers and/or businesses in the UK or elsewhere at time of submission
- Entered the market in 2012 or later.
Judging for this award will take place in June and July 2014. A renowned panel of industry experts judge the award. The judges‘ decision is final and they also reserve the right to reallocate an entry into a different category. In each category the judges will select a small number of entries as finalists. All finalists are required to attend the Plastics Industry Awards Ceremony on 24th October 2014 at the London Hilton on Park Lane, where the winners will be announced.
More information and criteria and how to apply can be found under plasticsawards.com. Entry deadline will be monday, 23rd of June 2014.
Source: RECycling Of Used Plastics Ltd (RECOUP)