Seewalchen, Austria — Innovations, customized machine configurations and international quality standards are the hallmark of Austropressen by Roither Maschinenbau GesmbH, Seewalchen/Austria. Owned and controlled by the Roither family over three generations, this company has for decades offered the highest level of expertise to create customized waste disposal solutions. Since the beginning of this year, this family concern is jointly run by Franz and Philipp Roither as its managing directors.
In 2016, Austropressen will again present its capability to offer optimally customized solutions to fit the unique needs and demands of its customers and to deliver top performance in specific areas of applications. At IFAT, Austropressen will occupy a significantly larger stand to present its latest innovations as well as the broad spectrum of improvements it has undertaken.
APK-ES series for experts in waste disposal solutions
Its longstanding customer, Veolia Umweltservice GmbH, has set up numerous channel baling presses at different locations. As a renowned waste management company, Veolia not only operates its own sorting equipment but also undertakes the waste management of large retail chains, such as the REWE Group.
Since autumn 2015, two channel baling presses are being run at Veolia in the vicinity of Hamburg for processing a broad spectrum of assorted materials. The APK-ES 70 has a pressure force of 700 kN in addition to a 55 kW power unit and fivefold vertical binding. With that, both presses of Austropressen process a highly diverse mix of materials at the Recycling & Disposal Centre that include waste paper, cardboard, PET bottles, plastic film, diverse plastics, packaging materials, Tetra Pak, beverage cans, and Styrofoam.
The two APK-ES 70 run according to the most up-to-date technical standards and were optimized to suit customer needs, in order to secure the best value:
- A whole range of services were customized, including the monitoring of the fluid level in the hopper, energy measuring devices, large text displays, changeable Hardox plates, not just on the floor, but also at the sidewalls and in the channel. The result is an optimal baling quality, regardless of the mix of materials, and significantly reduced levels of wear and tear at the same time.
- The newly patented solutions for the binding and cutting systems render the cross-binding systems unnecessary, even with such challenging materials as PET bottles or beverage cans. This allows a significant reduction in wiring costs.
- Even bale weights demonstrate the efficiency of APK-ES 70: For beverage cans and Tetra Pak, the values range between 620 and 660 kg, for PET bottles 420 kg with a bale length of 1200 mm.
APK-ES: High performance with unique characteristics
The basic features of the new range of APK-ES of Austropressen ensure the sustenance of a strong standard, which plays a decisive role in the application. The equipment is fully automated, reliable, quick and energy-efficient. The list of standard equipment demonstrates the broad range and high quality.
- The comprehension forces range from 70 to 135 t enables specialised services of the disposal sector.
- The cutting system, which is based on a completely new concept, is decisive for the significantly reduced energy consumption of equipment.
– any form of material jamming can be prevented,
– energy consumption per press cycle is reduced by 40 percent,
– material wear and tear is halved at the cutter.
- One of the most significant facts is that the APK-ES has for the most part managed to eliminate downtime, thereby reducing operation time, labour costs and other expenses.
- One of the greatest strengths of APK-ES is the high degree of customization, through which customer-specific adjustments can be easily implemented.
APV easyline: The new vertical baling presses for trade and commerce
At IFAT, Roither Maschinenbau will present an absolute novelty – namely the APV easyline. This line of presses geared to compact cardboard and plastic film shows strong, vertical baling presses in low construction. Using the most modern technology in conjunction with patented solutions allows a high level of pressing power and a quick pressing cycle despite reduced and energy-saving actuating power. This produces heavy and compact bales with minimal energy consumption.
- The APV easyline functions according to the principle of plug and play. Mounting is unnecessary.
- The models are 2.2 m high, which makes it possible to install them at low room height.
- The model range includes a large selection and offers many unique features.
- The machines are available with comprehensive forces ranging between 12 and 52 t.
- The bales in the pallet format are ideally dimensioned for storage, transportation or direct sale.
Austropressen at IFAT 2016: A spectrum of innovations
At IFAT 2016, Austropressen will present its main pillars of focus: Innovation and performance. Information, exchange and consultation services with regard to “Efficient Waste Management”, a topical and future-oriented issue, are the main points of focus. The Roither family will display its most important developments and concrete experiences on an expanded surface of 90 m². That includes a fully automatic APK channel baling press and the newly constructed press series APV easyline based on different models.
From 30 May through 3 June 2016 and occupying stand 403/502 in hall B2, Austropressen will present itself to international trade experts from 180 countries as a company that offers efficient and effective solutions with distinct innovating thinking and highest quality standards.
Source: L&M Marketing GmbH & Co.KG/Roither Maschinenbau GesmbH